This legacy of searching for new and better ways to care continues today, with our focus on innovation and world-class care being the drivers for the newly launched Epworth Innovation Centre (EPIC).
EPIC will be a dedicated centre that will encourage and provide competitive funding grants for innovative projects that will transform the way that care and services are provided at Epworth.
Innovation may take the form of:
- Process Improvement
- Patient Experience
- Medical Procedure / Device
- New Operating Model or Service Delivery Model
EPIC is an outstanding way to recognise our past successes, foster future innovations, and provide annual seed funding to support new innovation within the group.
The grants will be awarded on a yearly basis, helping to ensure that Epworth HealthCare remains at the leading edge of care and treatment for our patients.
Since its establishment in 1920, Epworth has always been a leader and an innovator. Epworth is committed to providing patients with the best possible care and outcomes, and consistently invests to ensure it remains at the cutting-edge of medical practice. We have achieved many significant firsts, including:
- The first hospital in Australia to introduce robotic assisted surgery
- The first private hospital in Australia with an Intensive Care facility
- The first private hospital in Victoria to perform open heart surgery
- The first hospital in Victoria to introduce scalp-cooling for chemotherapy patients
Questions can be directed to Amy Martinich (Grants Manager, Epworth Medical Foundation) – 03 9506 3076 or [email protected]