What is available: access to general scholarships, plus a range of discipline specific awards.
Value: $2,500 – $10,000 each
Who can apply: Epworth employees
Application period: Monday 31 August to Friday 25 September 2020
Purpose: Support education and development, empower our people and encourage innovation to provide the best possible care to patients.
The scholarship program has grown significantly over the past decade and this year, Epworth’s Centenary, we continue our commitment with over 100 scholarships on offer. All employees who meet eligibility criteria (below) are encouraged to apply.
Scholarships are valued from $2,500 up to $10,000 and available for a range of projects and/or activities including:
- to attend a local or online/digital conference, seminar or workshop
- training support i.e. certificate, one on one training
- visit another hospital, organisation or centre of excellence to research models of care
- undertake an innovation project
- return to study (please note that students studying a Commonwealth support place are not eligible to receive an Epworth scholarship)
This year, there is also the opportunity for frontline leaders to do the Melbourne Business School New Leaders Development Program. More details coming!
Please note that due to COVID-19, applications which involve interstate and international travel are unable to be accepted for 2020/2021.
To be eligible for a scholarship applicants must:
- be employed on an ongoing contract
- have worked with Epworth for a minimum of 12 months as at 1 July 2019
- have not received a scholarship for use in 2020.
The program is made possible with thanks to the generosity of our donors and sponsors to the Epworth Medical Foundation, in collaboration with People and Culture.
Further information regarding Scholarships 2021 still to come.
Any queries can be directed to:
Learning & Organisational Development Team
Phone: 03 9936 8289
Email: [email protected]