COVID-19 update: 11 June 2021
Restrictions apply to all of our hospitals during this current lockdown in Victoria:
- We are not able to welcome any visitors, except:
- for end of life reasons
- support person for birth and duration of stay
- a parent may accompany a child needing care.
- Our maternity program at Park Hyatt will be paused until further notice.
- Elective surgery:
- With restrictions easing in Melbourne, we are able to resume elective surgery at our Melbourne hospitals from Tuesday, 15 June 2021.
Please contact your treating doctor with any queries.
- All procedures can be performed, bringing into alignment our Melbourne hospitals with Epworth Geelong, which resumed elective surgeries last week.
Before visiting our hospitals, please regularly check the exposure sites listed. If you have visited an exposure site in the times mentioned, it is essential to get tested and follow quarantine advice.
Even if you have not been to an exposure site, it is essential to get tested immediately if you have any symptoms of COVID-19, such as fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose, chills or sweats or change in sense of smell or taste.
Changes to patient COVID-19 testing.
We no longer require patients to have a COVID-19 test.
We will continue to screen all patients for COVID-19 signs and symptoms.
If a patient screens positive prior to their admission or during their stay, they will be required to have a COVID-19 test and self-isolate until the result is known.
To ensure the safety of patients, doctors and staff, screening processes for patients will continue, including pre-admission screening, and again, on presentation to hospital.
Please see our screening requirements so you can inform your patients of the screening questions.
We recognise the importance of keeping patients and loved ones in contact and encourage other ways like phone, FaceTime and Skype.