Title: Mental health Emergencies in General Practice What, how and where to?
Speaker: Maya Zerman - Director of Strategy and Operations at Epworth Clinic
Date: Wednesday 9th of September 2020
Time: 6.00pm – 7.00pm
Audience: Practice managers and staff
Where: Zoom Webinar- dial in from your PC/laptop/mobile phone/tablet
Program: 30 minutes presentation & 30 minutes Q&A
About the presenter
Maya Zerman is the Director of Strategy and Operations at Epworth Clinic, Epworth HealthCare’s Psychiatric Service and sits on the Executive team of the Rehabilitation and Mental Health Division which has a workforce of approximately 1000 staff members.
Maya has a clinical background as a mental health social worker completing her Bachelor of Social Work at RMIT and a Diploma of Management through Swinburne University.
Maya is currently undertaking a Masters in Entrepreneurship and Innovation through the Australian Graduate School of Entrepreneurship at Swinburne University.
Epworth Clinic invites frontline practice staff (including practice managers, nurses and administration teams) to a free online education session to learn about management strategies for mental health emergencies within their practice.
You will find out:
- immediate response strategies to manage distressed patients.
- what community resources are available.
- how to manage patient expectations about the mental health service system.
There will also be an opportunity for questions and answers to address specific concerns within your practice
- Email: [email protected] by Monday, 7 September 2020 to register.
- Please provide
- Name & title
- Practice information
- Number of staff attending.
- A link to the event will be emailed to you the day before the event
- For any enquiries, please contact [email protected]
Download the event brochures
- Mental Health emergencies in general practice (email version)
- Mental Health emergencies in general practice (fax version)