Title: Respiratory, Renal and Omicron updates
Topic 1: Bronchiectasis - The Persistent Cough
Speaker: Dr Golsa Adabi, Respiratory and Sleep Physician
Summary: There is an increasing awareness of bronchiectasis in children and adolescents, a chronic pulmonary disorder associated with poor quality-of-life for children and adults. Personalised treatment is crucial for improvement of disease management.
Topic 2: Chronic Kidney Diseaese - Diagnosis and Management
Speaker: Dr Jia Yee (Vivian) Mah, Nephrologist and General Medicine Physician
Summary: Chronic kidney disease is rising as a leading cause of morbidity and mortality. Early recognition is important as this leads to early initiation of management. In recent years, there is an emergence of new therapies and understanding how these apply to patient care is important.
Topic 3: Omicron: Where to with vaccination and antiviral approaches
Speaker: Prof Joseph Torresi, Infectious Diseases Physician
Date: Wednesday 26 July, 2022
Time: 7.00pm – 8.30pm
Where: Webinar via Zoom. Dial in from your PC/laptop/mobile phone/tablet
Program: Presentations with Q&A
- Discuss the diagnosis & investigation of recurrent exacerbations
- Outline the optimal treatment of Bronchiectasis for improved clinical outcomes
- Outline the diagnosis and staging of chronic kidney disease
- Summarise management of chronic kidney disease, in particular the recent advances
- Discuss the clinical significance of Omicron and the role for vaccination and boosters against Omicron
- Outline the effectiveness of current antiviral and therapeutic approaches for Omicron
- 3 CPD Activity points
To register, please provide the following details and a confirmation ticket will be sent to your email.
- First name and surname
- Email address
- RACGP number or ACRRM number
- Practice name
- Practice suburb and postcode
- Download the flyer for complete information
Please direct your enquiries to [email protected]
Download the event flyer for complete information.