Title: Varicose Veins and Ulcers – Referral Pathways and Options for Treatment
Speaker: Dr Michael Wu, Vascular and Endovascular Surgeon
Date: Wednesday 28 October 2020
Time: 12.30pm - 1.30pm
Where: Zoom Webinar- dial in from your PC/laptop/mobile phone/tablet
Program: 12.30-1.15pm presentations | 1.15pm-1.30pm Q&A
The following areas will be covered in this webinar:
- Chronic venous insufficiency (CVI) is a common presentation in general practice and vascular surgical referrals;
- Swelling, varicose veins, superficial thrombophlebitis, skin changes and ulcers encompass the spectrum of presentations for CVI;
- A discussion of the anatomy and presentation of CVI will guide the interventions that are feasible and offered to patients;
- Venous and mixed arteriovenous ulcers can be difficult to manage, and a further discussion of the dressings and management strategies will be offered; and,
- Referral of patients with CVI to various options in the public and private sectors will be presented.
- 2 CPD Activity points
Spaces are limited
Please RSVP by providing the following details and a Zoom webinar link will be sent directly to the email address you provided (if you do not receive a link to your inbox, we suggest checking your Spam and Junk folders).
- First name and surname
- RACGP number
- Practice name
- Practice suburb and postcode
Please direct your enquiries to [email protected]
Download the event flyer for complete information.