There’s been little improvement in outcomes for patients with pancreatic cancer over the past 40 years. This is because it hasn't received the same level of research funding as many other cancers. To do better and be better when it comes to pancreatic cancer, The Jreissati Pancreatic Centre at Epworth will:
- provide centralised care by having all the health professionals you need available at Epworth
- ensure patients see a specialist within 72 hours of their suspected diagnosis
- provide patients with their own pancreatic nurse coordinator who will be their point of contact throughout their care
- provide GPs with tools and education to help identify pancreatic cancer earlier
- create current, easy to understand information on the disease for patients and their families
- pioneer new diagnosis and treatment options for people with pancreatic disease
- increase the survival rate for patients diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.
The Jreissati Family Pancreatic Centre at Epworth will focus on improving the diagnosis, treatment and care of patients with pancreatic cancer. Our commitment to research, patient experience and clinical care will help to ensure better outcomes for patients and their families.