The 14-story East Wing Tower will be constructed in partnership with Northwest Healthcare Properties Management and will assist in the expansion of numerous services and facilities, including:
- Additional patient beds and expanded ICU department
- Additional clinical spaces and theatres, including a brand-new hybrid theatre
- A dedicated Endoscopy Suite floor
- Expanded Orthopaedic and Oncology Services with a dedicated Wellness Centre and gymnasium
- Additional doctor consulting suites
Epworth Eastern expands into wings
Epworth Eastern will become three distinct, but linked wings.
Arnold Wing will include the existing the hospital, acknowledging its Arnold Street location. Garden Wing will include the refurbished Medical Centre and acknowledge its connection, and proximity, to Box Hill Gardens, and East Wing will include new internal spaces within East Wing Tower.
Staged opening of East Wing Tower
East Wing Tower commences ongoing breakthroughs to existing Inpatient Units
Completion of Ground foyer and Main Reception, Arnold Wing
Completion of Level 3 Surgical Admissions, opening TBC.
Completion of Level 3 Theatre Complex, including Hybrid Theatre, opening TBC.
Completion of brand-new East Wing Inpatient Units, opening TBC
- L4 Oncology & Haematology Inpatient Unit
- L5 Orthopaedic Inpatient Unit
- L6 General Medical Inpatient Unit
Completion of Level 7 Hospital Administration, East Wing
Completion of East Wing Tower doctor consulting suites
- L9 Consulting Suites
- L10 Consulting Suites, including Wellness Centre & Gymnasium
Refurbishment of Level 3 Patient Discharge, Arnold Wing
Completion of Basement Car Park refurbishment Levels B1 – B3
Completion of East Wing Tower Level 11 - 14 doctor consulting suites
In 2022, Epworth Eastern looks forward to hosting a series of employee, doctor and community events to showcase our East Wing Tower development.