Chronic pain can have an immense effect on so many parts of life. Day-to-day, it might mean struggling to work, or missing an event you were looking forward to for months. It has a huge impact on quality of life.
But when it comes to endometriosis pain relief, it can be hard to sort the evidence-based information from the misinformation. The Julia Argyrou Endometriosis Centre at Epworth has developed a unique resource – the Endometriosis Pain Management Guide.
Inside you’ll find information to help you build your holistic pain management toolkit. Our goal is to help people with endometriosis understand more about pain and feel confident to start conversations with their health professionals.
You’ll learn about:
- What is pain?
- Biopsychosocial model of pain
- How pain is assessed and measured
- Main causes of chronic pelvic pain
- Ways to help manage your pain
- Medications and techniques used.
- What is endometriosis
- What causes endometriosis
- What are the symptoms
- What are the risk factors
- Myths surrounding endometriosis
- Epworth Endometriosis Patient Guide