Frequently asked questions
What can I see a urologist for?
Epworth urologists are specialists in the diagnosis and treatment of prostate cancer and other urological conditions, such as enlarged prostate. They lead:
- Initial testing and investigation – including PSA testing
- Diagnosis – using imaging and biopsy
- Treatment and surgery at Epworth hospitals
- Follow-up care and management
- Second opinion
- Referral to services such as cancer rehabilitation and physiotherapy.
Urologists also treat conditions of the kidney, bladder and male reproductive organs.
Who will coordinate my prostate cancer care?A urologist is a specialist doctor and surgeon who investigates, diagnoses and treats prostate cancer. They work collaboratively with Epworth radiation oncologists and medical oncologists, so you can get the treatment and expertise you need.
What services are available at Epworth?
Make an online enquiry
The E.J. Whitten Prostate Cancer Research Centre will contact you in 2 business days about referral to an Epworth urologist most suited to your needs, location and preferences. We can also answer any questions you or your loved ones have about prostate cancer care at Epworth.