The Community Integration Team is a group of rehabilitation specialists and allied health professionals who help people safely transition to life at home and in their local community following an injury, illness or surgery.
- Assessing and revising the need for support/services/equipment within the home
- Assistance in finding local community services
- Counselling for individuals and their families
- Preparing people for return to study or the work force
- Providing individual therapy at a person's home, work, school, gym or local community
- Providing training in improving everyday living skills
- Review and provision of therapy services for clients with lifetime support needs
The team also provides access to centre-based programs to complement individual therapy services.
- Dietetic services
- Group programs focusing on adjustment issues and coping skills, sport and leisure options, communication and social skills
- Physical skills and running skills
- Return to driving/bicycle riding