ISP – Perioperative
Epworth Healthcare supports new and existing Registered Nurses or IV Endorsed Enrolled Nurses to enter into the specialised area of perioperative nursing, with the peri-operative Introduction to Specialty practice program.
Utilising a blended learning strategy, there are four study days facilitated by the perioperative clinical educators which meet the specific theoretical and practical perioperative nursing requirements. Furthermore, the program includes pre-reading elements, as well as online study to facilitate optimal learning.
Participants also have access to guided supervision and support from their clinical educators and preceptors during their time within the theatre environment, ensuring 1:1 support when required.
The program is available at the following sites:
The two specialty streams of study offered are:
- Anaesthetics and recovery
- Intraoperative nursing (scrub nurse and scout nurse)
Eligible applicants must have
- Have current AHPRA registration as a Registered Nurse or an IV Endorsed Enrolled Nurse
- Australian citizenship or permanent residency
- Have been qualified and gained 12 months acute nursing experience post registration
Intake 1 2023
- Course commences: 01 May 2023
- Applications open: March 2023
- Applications close: Early April 2023
Intake 2 2023
- Course commences: 24 July 2023
- Applications open: May 2023
- Applications close: June 2023
Program positions are advertised through external recruitment media (e.g. SEEK) and always via Epworth Health online recruitment portal (eRecruit).
Please complete an eRecruit application with:
- cover letter
- curriculum vitae
- 2 professional referees
Please also state the stream that you are interested in: Intraoperative or Anaesthetics and Recovery.
For further information please contact: