The TSP is offered post completion of the graduate nursing year and is a great step towards post graduate pathways. We can help you explore your interests and we will provide you with recognition of prior learning for one unit towards postgraduate studies.
The program is designed to develop your clinical knowledge, enhance skills and assessment and progress clinical decision making.
Nurses are given the opportunity to build confidence in identifying and managing deteriorating patients and offers the opportunity for you to produce a learning folio of work that is recognised by Deakin University and will provide you with recognition of prior learning for one unit of the postgraduate certificate course.
The program enhances your ability to deliver excellence in patient care within your chosen area and allows potential for career progression.
TSP - Critical Care
Delivered using a blended learning method; combination of self-directed online learning and classroom-based learning.
- Seven study days are taught over a six-month period utilising case studies, group work and clinical simulation.
- Professional development is assessed through completion of clinical hurdles and academic assessments; short oral presentation, written assignment, written examination.
- Successful program completion recognises 1 credit point towards post graduate pathways at Deakin University.
Intake 2 2023
- Applications are open throughout April
Intake 1 2024
- Applications are open from late September to early October, 2023
Eligible applicants must have
- A current registered nurse qualification with APHRA and be a permanent resident or Australian citizen
- Completed a Graduate year (by commencement of the program)
Applications for both April and August programs should be discussed with your unit manager to gain their support for your application.
Application and supporting documents (Cover letter and CV) can then be submitted via Epworth's 'Mercury E-Recruit' platform.
For further information please contact the course co-coordinator or Education Manager as below: