The Clinical Education and Simulation Centre located at Epworth Richmond includes:
- Clinical skills laboratory
- Seven tutorial rooms
- Fully equipped simulated operating theatre
- Multipurpose four-bed area
- Single bedroom with an ensuite
- 3 control rooms with 1 way glass
The centre has full audio visual, video conferencing capability for live viewing of scenarios, with the ability to record and play back for debriefing. Available equipment includes high fidelity mannekins that have the ability to mimic critical medical events, respond to treatment and be verbally interactive with the participants. There are a variety of anatomical models for practising specific skills such as CPR, intravenous cannulation and catheterisation. The area is equipped to provide a versatile learning environment for any clinical group.
Tutorial/debriefing rooms and a clinical skills dry laboratory compliment the facility and allow for group facilitated discussions and group presentations.
There is a large open library space designed to support individual and different social learning styles, with print and online journals, books and a range of wider information services supplied by dedicated library staff.
The Epworth Eastern Education Centre consists of a three-bed simulation space, including an area for an operating table and scrub sink, a control area and tutorial rooms with interactive videoconferencing ability. The area has been designed for group tutorials, facilitated discussions, group presentations, clinical skills sessions using part task trainers and immersive team scenarios using high fidelity mannekins, with live audiovisual viewing and video debriefing functionality.
The Education Precinct at Epworth Geelong has two multi-purpose 4-bed simulation spaces, a single bed simulation area, 4 tutorial rooms and 2 large seminar rooms. The centre has fully functional audiovisual capacity and is equipped with a range of anatomical models and high fidelity mannekins, including a birthing mannekin.
An accompanying library provides for quiet spaces and socially interactive areas for study and interactive sessions.
The newly commissioned simulation centre within the new Grey Street redevelopment at Epworth Freemasons features a multi-purpose 4 bed simulation space and two tutorial rooms with fully functional audiovisual capacity. The area has a range of anatomical trainers and high fidelity full body mannekins.
Mobile In-situ/Simulation Education
The simulation staff at Epworth also deliver a range of simulation-based education across all Epworth sites, with in-situ scenarios utilising high fidelity mannekins and video debriefing offered at sites where dedicated simulation areas are not available.
- Effective Management of Anaesthetic Crisis (EMAC) Course
- Cant Intubate, Cant Oxygenate (CICO) Course
- Definitive Surgical and Anaethetic Trauma Care (DSATC) Course
- Advanced Life Support (ALS) Course
- Paediatric Life Support (PALS) Course
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Course
The Epworth Clinical Education and Simulation (CES) team support the educational requirements of internal staff across the Epworth Healthcare group both insitu and in the state of the art Epworth Clinical Education and Simulation Centers across the Epworth group. The CES team also offer a variety of programs and services to suit all healthcare professionals, community based services & corporate organisations.
- Effective Management Anaesthetic Crisis (EMAC)
- Can’t Intubate, Can’t Oxygenate (CICO)
- Definitive Surgical and Anaesthetic Trauma Care (DSATC)
- Medical professional Advanced Life Support
- GP & GP practice staff BLS
- Beginner and Advanced simulation and Debriefing
Event spaces and Services available
- Clinical skills lab
- Workshop space
- Simulated operating room including anaesthetic machine
- Simulated GP/ED/ICU/HDU/Ward single/double room and 4 bed room
- Experienced multi-disciplinary staff to conduct or support in the development, implementation and evaluation of simulation based educational programs
- Experienced multi-disciplinary staff can advise and support the development and implementation of systems testing.
- Experienced multi-disciplinary staff as simulated patients
- Filming space including medical/environment accuracy advice
- Meeting rooms
- Video Conferencing facilities
- Catering services available
For more information
Director of Clinical Education and Simulation
Email: [email protected]