This legacy of searching for new and better ways to care continues today, these competitive funding grants for innovative projects that will transform the way that care and services are provided at Epworth.
Since its establishment in 1920, Epworth has always been a leader and an innovator. Epworth is committed to providing patients with the best possible care and outcomes, and consistently invests to ensure it remains at the cutting-edge of medical practice. We have achieved many significant firsts, including:
- The first hospital in Australia to introduce robotic assisted surgery
- The first private hospital in Australia with an Intensive Care facility
- The first private hospital in Victoria to perform open heart surgery
- The first hospital in Victoria to introduce scalp-cooling for chemotherapy patients.
Number available: up to 12
|General Grants||Discipline Specific Grants|
|1 x $100,000
4 x $50,000
4 x $25,000
|Oncology – 1 x $25,000
ICU – 1 x $25,000
Mental Health 1 x $20,000
Who can apply: Epworth employees and accredited Epworth VMOs whose primary private practise is at Epworth.
Application period: Applications for 2023 Innovation grants will be open will be open Monday 1 August 2022 and close Friday 2 September 2022
Purpose: To recognise our past successes, foster future innovations, and provide annual seed funding to support new innovation within the group help toensure that Epworth HealthCare remains at the leading edge of care and treatment for our patients.
Innovation may take the form of:
- Process Improvement
- Patient Experience
- Medical Procedure / Device
- New Operating Model or Service Delivery Model
- For additional information, please refer to the Applicant Guidelines (PDF, 206KB)
2023 Innovation grants will be presented at the Mackenzie Dinner, which will take place on the evening Monday 05 December 2022.
Questions can be directed to EMF Grants Team – 03 9506 3076 or [email protected]