Our volunteers come from all parts of the community and have a wide range of interesting backgrounds. All share a common purpose - to be of service and contribute.
About Epworth HealthCare volunteers:
Our volunteer programs are based on a commitment to enhance patient care and to enable volunteers to become part of a committed team and be their best. Epworth provides a training and orientation program for volunteers, and staff work closely with the team to ensure the volunteering experience is interesting, diverse and enriching.
Why volunteer at Epworth?
When you volunteer at Epworth, you will be adding to the care of our patients and will be joining a dynamic, committed and strongly established volunteer team where every member is highly valued.
What kinds of things do volunteers do?
Volunteers at Epworth can assist in many ways to help support our patients, families and staff.
Volunteering roles fall into the following categories:
- Administration: Supporting busy hospital staff or assisting the corporate team
- Customer service: Wayfinding or concierge
- Fundraising: Through Epworth Medical Foundation
- Patient support: Patient visiting, ward support
- Consumer advisor: Partner with us on the planning, design and evaluation of our services
Volunteers at Epworth:
- are punctual, reliable and inform us of any absences
- follow Epworth values and behaviours
- maintain standards of safety and infection control
- register their arrival and departure for each shift
- respect diversity in patients, visitors, staff and volunteers
- respect patients' and families' privacy and confidentiality
- wear hospital identification and uniforms while volunteering
- work as part of a team
- work within strict professional boundaries
To volunteer at Epworth, you should:
- be between 18-85 years of age
- be able to commit to a minimum of four hours per week
- anticipate a commitment to volunteering for a minimum of 12 months
- be able to contribute skills and experience related to the role
- provide referees to comment on your suitability for the role
- be willing to obtain a Police Check
- be willing to obtain a Working With Children Check
If this sounds like you, you will be able to apply to volunteer as part of the Epworth Volunteer Program.