At Epworth HealthCare, we are passionate about creating an environment that’s inclusive and supportive, a place where everyone can truly be themselves. We know that diversity fosters greater innovation and better patient connection, and helps our people to thrive.
We welcome people of all genders, ages and ethnicities. Our focus is on fairness and opportunity for under-represented groups like the LGBTIQA+ and Indigenous communities, and people who identify as living with a disability. Our diversity and inclusion strategy is focussed on:
- Diverse perspectives – ensuring under-represented people are included in our workforce and their diverse thinking is valued.
- An inclusive culture - where everyone can thrive.
- Flexibility and fairness – enabled by technology, fair policies and processes.
Diversity and inclusion strategy
Epworth HealthCare has a diversity and inclusion strategy. We are committed to forming a safe environment and inclusive services for our patients and staff. Our diversity and inclusion strategy aligns with our strategic priorities of compassion, accountability, respect and excellence.
People living with disability
At Epworth, our vision is to be a disability confident healthcare organisation.
This means we are working towards:
- building an understanding of how people with disability relate to our business as potential and existing employees, patients, suppliers and stakeholders
- creating a culture of inclusion and removing barriers for people with disability; and
- adjusting our processes and services to enable individuals to participate as employees, consumers and stakeholders.