Title: Weighty matters: management options for the obese patient
Speakers: Dr Shannon McCarthy, Endocrinologist, Mr George Kalogeropoulos, Bariatric and Upper GIT Surgeon and Ms Rebecca Van Lloy, Psychologist
Date: Tuesday 6 October 2020
Time: 7.0pm – 8.30pm
Where: Zoom Webinar- dial in from your PC/laptop/mobile phone/tablet
Program: 7.00pm-8.15pm presentations | 8.15pm-8.30pm Q&A
This webinar will summarise the endocrine effects of weight gain and loss, explain why some patients are more suited to weight loss surgery than others and discuss the impact of obesity on health and mental function.
- Pathophysiology of obesity, Dr Shannon McCarthy, Endocrinologist
- Indications for weight loss and metabolic surgery - who should have it? Mr George Kalogeropoulos, Bariatric and Upper GIT Surgeon
- Obesity and mental health conditions, Ms Rebecca Van Lloy, Psychologist
- Explain the pathophysiology of weight gain and weight loss.
- Identify which patients to refer for weight loss surgery.
- Identify and implement a recall system for patients who have undergone weight loss surgery.
- Recognise the comorbid symptoms in the obese patient such as mental health conditions.
- 3 CPD Activity points
Spaces are limited
Please RSVP by providing the following details and a Zoom webinar link will be sent directly to the email address you provided (if you do not receive a link to your inbox, we suggest checking your Spam and Junk folders).
- First name and surname
- RACGP number
- Practice name
- Practice suburb and postcode
Please direct your enquiries to [email protected]
Download the event flyer for complete information.