Epworth Richmond's children's medical service cares for children who present with medical conditions or requiring surgery.
Epworth Richmond's Children's Emergency Service:
- 24/7 Paediatrician coverage by senior doctors
- Low waiting times
- Open 24 hours, every day of the year
Epworth Richmond Paediatrics Ward
Our 19-bed children's ward is the largest private dedicated children's ward in Victoria, supported by experience paediatric nurses and doctors around the clock.
Young children from the age of 6 months through to teenagers can access an age-appropriate, purpose-built environment for their treatment. One parent may stay overnight with their child.
The children's ward caters for a wide range of paediatric conditions, including:
- Respiratory illnesses
Supporting surgery, ranging from:
- Complex plastic surgery
- General surgery
- Glue ear
- Orthopaedic surgery
- Removal of wisdom teeth and other difficult tooth extractions
- Tonsils and adenoid removal
The children's ward features:
- Calming fish tank
- 'Chill-out' area for adolescents
- Games, toys, crafting and activities
- Parents kitchen
- Play areas for younger children