We like our pears crunchy. So when they turn a little soft, we make muffins. These guys are delish! And if you choose a high protein Greek yoghurt they’ll really satisfy.
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Greek or natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 2 cups wholemeal or spelt flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 pears, diced
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup wholemeal or spelt flour
- ¼ cup brown or caster sugar
- ⅓ cup slivered almonds
- 2 tsp cinnamon 1 tablespoon (20ml) milk
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp milk
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C and grease a 12 hole muffin pan.
- Mix eggs, yoghurt, olive oil and vanilla in a bowl or jug until well combined. In a separate bowl, combine sugar, flour, cinnamon and baking powder. Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the yoghurt mixture until just combined. Fold through the diced pears evenly. Spoon the mixture into muffin tin.
- Make the crumble by mixing the oats, flour, sugar, almonds, cinnamon, salt, oil and milk in a small bowl until well combined. Top each muffin with a sprinkling of the crumble mix.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until slightly golden and cooked through.
03 September 2020
02 October 2022 Endometriosis fatigue: 5 tips from an occupational therapist
12 April 2021 How to spend less time sitting down
21 March 2021 It's time to power down