The Epworth Summit is a custom designed 12-month program developed and delivered in collaboration with Monash Business School and the Monash University Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences (MNHS).
Successful applicants will have the opportunity for a week-long trip to the United States to study at the internationally renowned Harvard Macy Institute, Boston.
Graduates of the Summit program will receive an Executive Graduate Certificate of Business, with the potential for expansion into a Masters-level degree if desired.
The program is funded through the Epworth Medical Foundation and the Epworth Board of Management.
- live the Epworth values
- have passion and motivation to lead and
- want to be a catalyst for positive change at Epworth
We encourage you to apply for the Epworth Summit 2020 VMO Leadership Program.
- View the Summit brochure (PDF, 4MB)
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF, 164KB) - everything you need to know, including how to apply
The program comprises of two core components:
- Masterclass Series - three Masterclasses in 2019 and four in 2020, offered to all Epworth VMOs
- The Summit - a prestigious and compelling leadership journey offered to a select cohort of 24 senior Epworth doctors.
Promoting Epworth’s brightest talent, sharpest minds and those who embody Epworth values.
Submit an expression of interest and take your first step to:
- acquire new knowledge, skills, insights, business tools and frameworks you can immediately apply in the real world
- build on and expand the considerable skills you bring to Epworth
- cultivate your unique influence
- develop greater insight, awareness and strategic thinking through exposure to unique learning opportunities
- enhance capability in innovation and design thinking
- have an impact on shaping the future direction of Epworth, its culture and patient experience
Applicants will be selected based on merit and aspirations from across career stages, specialties and sites, and diversity in gender, ethnicity, age, and leadership style.
Any Epworth accredited doctor who meets the following criteria is eligible to apply:
- a specialist for at least 5 years
- any career stage from early to mid to mature
- demonstrates good team and interpersonal skills
- is enthusiastic and motivated
- lives the Epworth values
- practicing at Epworth for at least two years
This program is funded through the Epworth Medical Foundation and the Epworth Board of Management.
- the 12-month structured leadership program, culminating in formal recognition of successful completion with an Executive Graduate Certificate of Business - with potential for further expansion into a Masters-level degree, if desired
- four residential modules: three 2 and a half day modules are delivered over weekends in Melbourne surrounds, and the fourth module is the 5 and a half day Harvard Macy Leading Innovations in Healthcare and Education program
- content that reflects the latest discoveries and experiences in strategy, leadership, innovation, entrepreneurship, disruptive technologies, culture and change leadership in healthcare
- support from experts in innovation and entrepreneurship to help participants design and deliver projects with impact
- customised 360-degree assessment anchored around Epworth's values and strategic pillars
- confidential personalised reporting and feedback
- excursions to Monash platforms and research hubs - the Cave2 and SensiLab where you will experience cutting edge solutions that tackle society's toughest challenges
- access to a faculty of experts and luminaries from both Australia and abroad.
Please note that international flights are not included.
How to apply:
Expression of Interest is now closed.
For more information:
Director of Medical Services, Epworth Richmond
Phone: 9426 6395
Mobile: 0400 608 125
Email: Debra.O'[email protected]