Recovering from a COVID-19 infection can take time. Some people can experience a range of symptoms for many months after their original diagnosis.
Symptoms of long COVID can include:
- Shortness of breath or trouble breathing
- Chest pain
- A persistent cough
- Heart problems
- Loss or changes in sense of smell and taste
- Changes to thinking, memory, problem solving, attention and concentration
- Changes to voice, speech or swallowing
- Changes to movement or physical function
- Muscular and joint pain or weakness
- Sleep disturbances
- Persistent fatigue
- Anxiety or depression
- Post-traumatic stress disorder.
At Epworth, we’re here to help you.
Epworth has a range of rehabilitation and mental health programs - delivered by specialist multidisciplinary teams - that can help people manage the after-effects associated with long COVID.
Specific program areas include:
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Pulmonary (lung) rehabilitation
- Neurological rehabilitation
- Olfactory impairment clinic (Loss of taste or smell)
- Mental health care through Epworth Clinic
Programs may be covered by private health insurance, Workcover, DVA or Medicare (with a chronic disease management plan or mental health care plan), depending on individual circumstances. You can also choose to self-fund.
Contact us for more information on fees and payment options specific to you.
Telehealth is currently available for most programs. You may also need to attend one of Epworth’s locations in Brighton, Camberwell, Geelong, Hawthorn or Richmond.
A GP or specialist referral is required.
Send your referral to:
Email: [email protected]
Fax: 03 9982 6696
For general enquiries about our programs:
Phone: 1300 345 600
Epworth Clinic mental health services
For ongoing mental health concerns that need to be supported through one-on-one psychological or psychiatric care, please visit Epworth Clinic mental health services.